[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes->vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter->vtkCurvatures

Liam Kurmos quantum.leaf at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:17:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try without PolyDataNormals and Smoothing. I think the artifacts are
> not Marching Cubes related.

Hi Bill,

The png file called noSmoothing.png is produced without using the
smoothing filter (i think the normals go straight in to the mapper -
dont have code on me at moment). I think i put the normals in based on
some example i originally copied, i will try playing with not using
them later and post back, though i dont know what else could be
causing those contour like lines (the voxel resolution is not high i
think 64cube for the whole dataset).

cheers,

Liam