[vtkusers] Scalar data interpreted as 4 component color does not interprete the alpha value correctly

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 07:36:18 EDT 2010

Hi Sebastian,

Could it be a sorting issue?  Translucent actors must be sorted
back-to-front for alpha compositing to work properly.  Opaque actors
do not have to be sorted, they are always rendered before any
translucent actors are rendered.

VTK will assume that any object with 4 color components is a
translucent object, and it will assume that any object with an Opacity
less than 1.0 is translucent.  Likewise, objects with 3 color
components and with an Opacity of 1.0 are assumed to be opaque.

   David