[vtkusers] vtk5.6 compile error in Mac Os X 10.5.7, "vtkGraphicsFactory" symbol not found, for Help!

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat Jun 19 09:18:32 EDT 2010

Are you compiling in x-windows support? Or are you using either carbon or
cocoa toolkits.

-----
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio

On Jun 19, 2010, at 7:43, siyan liu <nuaalsy at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All:
       when I compile vtk5.6 in Mac Os X 10.5.7 with(Intel x86), I get the
following Errors:
       Undefined symbols:

*  "vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::New()", referenced from:*

*      vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance(char const*)in
vtkGraphicsFactory.o*

*  "vtkXRenderWindowInteractor::New()", referenced from:*

*      vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance(char const*)in
vtkGraphicsFactory.o*

*ld: symbol(s) not found*

*collect2: ld returned 1 exit status*

*   "vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::New()", referenced from:*

*       vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance(char const*)in
vtkGraphicsFactory.o*

*   "vtkXRenderWindowInteractor::New()", referenced from:*

*       vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance(char const*)in
vtkGraphicsFactory.o*

* ld: symbol(s) not found*

* collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.*

   I use CMake 2.8 to generage makefile, I have tried various compilers such
as gcc,gcc-4.2,g++,g++-4.2,c++,c++-4.2, none success.

   Any one can give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

   Best regards!

   Siyan Liu.