[vtkusers] Reusing of vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper...

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Wed Jun 16 04:40:35 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper that I have previously used with another actor, renderer and render window. I wish to reuse it (creating a new actor, renderer and renderwindow), but I obtain an assert error:

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Use the shader program.
// It saves the current shader program or fixed-pipeline in use.
// It also set the uniform variables.
void vtkShaderProgram2::Use()
{
  assert("pre: context_is_set" && this->Context!=0);
  assert("pre: current_context_matches" && this->Context->IsCurrent());      <---------------- Fail here!
  this->Build();

Look like that the context isn't current. There's a way to "reset" the mapper internal state? Note that the volume data input is the same, so I wish to reuse the mapper in order to avoid the very slow initialization (especially the gradients computation). Any hints?

Thanks in advance.