[vtkusers] vtkPointLocator Problem

A. Burak Yoldemir yoldemir at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 16:49:12 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I am having a problem with FindPointsWithinRadius function of
vtkPointLocator class. I have a bunch of points in a certain volume, with no
specific topology. Using the following code snippet, I create a point
locator object and specify its data set:
*
*

* vtkPoints* edge_pts = vtkPoints::New();*

* for(int i = 0; i < someLimit; i++)*

* {*

* edge_pts->InsertNextPoint(somePoint);*

* }*

*
*

* vtkPolyData* edge_pts_set = vtkPolyData::New();*

* edge_pts_set->SetPoints(edge_pts);*

* edge_pts_set->Update();*

*
*

* vtkPointLocator* NeighborLocator = vtkPointLocator::New();*

* NeighborLocator->SetDataSet(edge_pts_set);*

* NeighborLocator->BuildLocator();*

Then, I use the FindPointsWithinRadius function of NeighborLocator, where I
(manually) made sure that there are several neighbors of the query
point. However,
the aforementioned function returns no neighbors. Any ideas on where the
problem could be?

Regards,

Burak