[vtkusers] VTK Python Wrapper on OSX

Kabir Soorya phantom982002 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:24:56 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Running  cd "/Users/kabir/Downloads/VTK-BUILD/Wrapping/Python" &&
/usr/bin/python2.5 setup.py install installs OK, but gives me the following
error:

>>> import vtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/VTK-5.6.0-py2.5.egg/vtk/__init__.py",
line 41, in <module>
    from common import *
  File
"/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/VTK-5.6.0-py2.5.egg/vtk/common.py", line
7, in <module>
    from libvtkCommonPython import *
ImportError:
dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/VTK-5.6.0-py2.5.egg/vtk/libvtkCommonPython.so,
10): Library not loaded: libvtkCommonPythonD.5.6.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/VTK-5.6.0-py2.5.egg/vtk/libvtkCommonPython.so
  Reason: image not found

I'm compiling VTK 5.6.0 on OSX 10.5.8

Thanks,

~K