[vtkusers] Compiling VTK 5.6 on Ubuntu 10.04 (vtksys_IOS_USE_ANSI not defined?)

Liam Kurmos quantum.leaf at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 07:36:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my system and now need to rebuild vtk.

I'm trying to build vtk5.6 on ubuntu 10.04.
cmake configures fine make quickly errors with

/home/zoizoi/.local/share/Trash/files/VTK/Utilities/vtksys/ios/iostream:26:23:
error: iostream.h: No such file or directory

I've installed every package i can think of (including 'build-dep
libvtk5.2' build-essential and libstdc++6 )
without effect.

the offending file contains

#if vtksys_IOS_USE_ANSI
# include <iostream>
#else
# include <iostream.h>
#endif

 include <iostream> would compile fine on my system, i guess i need to
know why vtksys_IOS_USE_ANSI is not defined somewhere.

Liam