[vtkusers] VTK Compile DirectX and GPU

Alex Southern mrapsouthern at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:40:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

Im having trouble compiling my programs with vtk. I'm using the simple
example from here,
http://vtkblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/install-build-vtk-from-source-in-visual.html

I've used Cmake and built and installed VTK and generated both the
release and debug versions of the libraries and includes files and I
have added the path to include and lib paths to Tools->Options->Project
and Solutions->VC++ Directories.

When I compile the simple example I get the following error messages in
both Debug and Release modes. My system is Windows 7, Visual Studio 2008
and the new NVIDIA GTX 480, I mention this because there is reference to
'GPUinfolist'.

Any suggestions about this?

Error    2    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_WbemLocator referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall
vtkDirectXGPUInfoList::ProbeInfoWithWMI(struct HMONITOR__ *,class
vtkGPUInfo *)"
(?ProbeInfoWithWMI at vtkDirectXGPUInfoList@@IAEXPAUHMONITOR__@@PAVvtkGPUInfo@@@Z)
vtkRendering.lib    vtk_minimal

Error    3    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_IID_IWbemLocator referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall
vtkDirectXGPUInfoList::ProbeInfoWithWMI(struct HMONITOR__ *,class
vtkGPUInfo *)"
(?ProbeInfoWithWMI at vtkDirectXGPUInfoList@@IAEXPAUHMONITOR__@@PAVvtkGPUInfo@@@Z)
vtkRendering.lib    vtk_minimal

Error    4    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_Direct3DCreate9 at 4 referenced in function "public: virtual void
__thiscall vtkDirectXGPUInfoList::Probe(void)"
(?Probe at vtkDirectXGPUInfoList@@UAEXXZ)    vtkRendering.lib    vtk_minimal

Error    5    fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Release/../bin/vtk_minimal.exe    vtk_minimal