[vtkusers] Drawing elements on an image

qianc at ee.ethz.ch qianc at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 29 04:16:21 EDT 2010

Dear all,
I have a very huge image, which is merged by hundreds of subimages
from a microscope, and also an elements list (text file indicating
elements' coordinates on the image). What I would like to do is
drawing some markers on the image based on these coordinates. I guess
it's sort of clear for me of how to draw on the image, but the problem
is I would like to show the result in a rendered window. But I found
it's too huge to be loaded (even if you do nothing but barely load
it). My idea is: first process the image, write the result to an
output image. then release all the memory and rescale the output
image(into a lower resolution) and show it. Would this procedure be
possible? I think I am stuck on how to release the memory, would
anyone give some suggestion? Or some code examples would be very
appreciate. Thanks in advance.
Best,
Cheng Qian