[vtkusers] Recommended way to create a 2D scatter plot

Ben Medina ben.medina at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 17:21:12 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm investigating the capabilities of VTK to create scatter plots of
data (using the latest VTK from the repository). I've been quite
successful creating 3D scatter plots using vtkGlyph3DMapper drawing
into a QVTKWidget. However, I'm unsure of the best way to create 2D
scatter plots. I've tried
vtkGlyphSource2D->vtkGlyph2D->vtkPolyDataMapper2D->vtkActor2D. I am
able to get a plot, but there is no interaction (e.g. panning,
zooming, etc.). Am I headed down the right path, or is there a better
way to go using the vtkQtChart stuff or the new vtkChart API?

Thanks,
Ben