[vtkusers] vtkOrientationMarkerWidget makes Application crash

Markus Ott ott-markus at t-online.de
Tue Jul 27 09:32:46 EDT 2010

Hi vtkusers,

I'm working with Java. I tried using vtkOrientationMarkerWidget. But
when i use it and Resize my application window the whole application
crashes (if i remove vtkOrientationMarkerWidget everything works alright).

Here is what i tried:

vtkAxesActor axes = new vtkAxesActor();
vtkOrientationMarkerWidget widget = new vtkOrientationMarkerWidget();
widget.SetOrientationMarker(axes);

// renWin is of type vtkCanvas
widget.SetInteractor(renWin.GetRenderWindow().GetInteractor());
widget.SetEnabled(1);

Another problen: Using vtkInteractorStyleTerrain as interactor style
lets the widget throw errors if the camera is parallel to the ground:

"Resetting view-up since view plane normal is parallel"

This can be fixed using the standard interactor style but thats not what
i want actually.

Any hints for me?

Thx,
M.