[vtkusers] vtkPolyLine - Add new points dynamically?

Markus Ott ott-markus at t-online.de
Mon Jul 26 04:15:07 EDT 2010

Hi vtkusers.

What i want to do is some kind of real time position tracing. An object
moves through 3d space and I want to trace this movement with a line.

I read the polyline example
(http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/GeometricObjects/Display/PolyLine)

I need to dynamically add new points to the line in real time and show
the changes immediately.

In the example the positions are already known before creating the line.
How can i update this polyline, add new points and show the changes as
the line updates?

Another thing: If I add more and more points the line will have too much
points eventually. Can i filter out not needed points to keep the
polydata simple?

Regards,
Markus