[vtkusers] How to specify the path to VTK in CMake?

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:09:04 EDT 2010

Hi @ all,

finally, I was able to resolve the issue. The problem was not the VTK or the
CMakeLists.txt of my app, but a linked GDCM library:
Besides VTK I also linked a GDCM lib in my own application. That lib uses
VTK, too. My mistake was to link the 32bit-version of VTK to GDCM accidently
and my own app didn't took the link of VTK I specified in the environment
variable or in the CMakeLists.txt, but the (wrong) VTK-link of GDCM.
Sorry wasted your time, guys. ;-)

Maybe that info will help somebody in the future.

Michael