[vtkusers] VTK Rendering Pipeline

Stephen Furlani stephen.furlani at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:08:50 EDT 2010

Hello,

In a follow-up question to
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Carbon-AGLContext-tp1618567p1618567.html
my earlier one , how can I safely circumvent the VTK pipeline?  I'm using
the  http://www.equalizergraphics.com/ Equalizer API put out by Eyescale
and vtk conflicts with it in several areas, namely the creation of
glContexts and glViewports.

Equalizer handles all the windowing, tiling, etc.  How can I just grab the
gl commands to generate vtkVolumes?

My biggest problem is glViewport, which seems to almost always be set to
glViewport(0,0,size,size+1) in vtk, and there are a lot of times that there
are multiple "Views" (in the MVC sense) per aglWindow in my project.

Is there another, better way to do this?  I find that setting the viewport
to something other than 0,0,1,1 causes it to not draw at all.

Thanks,

Stephen Furlani