[vtkusers] Texture Coordinates

Ayman Habib ahabib at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 22 12:52:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to apply texture to some geometry in a vtk window. According to the documentation this can be done by calling
vtkActor->SetTexture(vtkTexture) this however assumes that the Actor has Texture Coordinates already so my question is how to detect if an Actor has TextureCoordinates available (in order to give a better feedback in case it doesn't)?. My Actors have associated vtkPolyData that is  constructed from a Reader (.vtp, .obj) in case it matters.

Thanks all for your help,
-Ayman