[vtkusers] vtkImageConvolve kernel size

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:48:00 EDT 2010

Hi John,

The limited kernel size question came up when the vtkImageConvolution
filter was first contributed to VTK.  Any patches to e.g. allow this
filter to take a vtkDataArray as the kernel would be welcome.

You can try the following alternative filters to see if an of them
meets your needs

vtkImageSeparableConvolution  -- efficient convolution if your kernel
    is separable
vtkImageCorrelation  -- takes two images as input, i.e. second image
    is the kernel
vtkImageFFT/vtkImageRFFT  -- probably not what you want, but it is
    another way to do convolution

  David