[vtkusers] adding noise to vtkImageData

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 12:54:49 EDT 2010

Hi Prathamesh,

You might find useful the contribution "Noise Simulation"
from Gaetan Lehmann on 03-18-2010.

http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/721

As stated by the author:
"Several kind of noise can be found in real images, mostly depending on
the modality
of acquisition. It is often useful to be able to simulate that noise,
for example
to test the behavior of an algorithm in the presence of a known amount
of noise.

This contribution provides the filters to generate four kind of noise --
additive
gaussian, shot, speckle and salt and pepper -- as well as a PSNR
calculator."

I am using that contribution for my development and it works well for me
so far.

Alex