[vtkusers] VTK with Qt Creator

Gomez, Alberto alberto.gomez at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 07:05:35 EDT 2010

I use vtk with QT Creator, and I don't need to worry about *.pro files.
You can use CMake, which will automatically execute QMake and generate
all the necessary files. Basicallly, the same  as in the previous email.
Make sure you select the right Qt version.

On 19/07/10 11:55, Jothy wrote:
> Now I opened cmd window and changed dir to the vtk Build dir, then
> typed "make"..now its building . should I run "Install" after make?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jothy
>
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM, mtaverne at engits.eu
> <mailto:mtaverne at engits.eu> <mtaverne at engits.eu
> <mailto:mtaverne at engits.eu>> wrote:
>
>     Did you enable QT GUI support in cmake?
>
>     If you set the following variables in cmake and make && make
>     install, it should set up a VTK plugin for you in Qt Designer:
>     |BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = ON
>     VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT = ON
>     VTK_USE_QVTK = ON
>     VTK_USE_QT = ON
>     DESIRED_QT_VERSION = 4
>
>     |enGrid uses Qt+VTK: http://engits.eu/cms/index.php?id=4
>     cmake configuration:
>     http://engits.eu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34
>     <http://engits.eu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34>
>
>     That's probably not the easiest example to get started with, but I
>     think it can help.
>     I'll try preparing a simpler example later eventually.
>

>     On 19/07/2010 11:32, Jothy wrote:
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     Has anyone use vtk with Qt ccreator? I have downloaded the source
>>     files of vtk5.6 and used cmake to generate makefiles. Now how to
>>     procedd further, I did not see any pro file in the vtkBuild
>>     directory, as it creates proj file for visual studio.
>>
>>     Thank you
>>
>>     Jothy

Alberto Gomez

Division of Imaging Sciences