[vtkusers] smoothing vtkImageData with vtkImageGaussianSmooth

Liam Kurmos quantum.leaf at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 14 10:13:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jothy <jothybasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> My problem was different. I was trying to create a graduall fall off from
> the image with a uniform scalar value inside it. Something like a cube of
> uniform values and a graduall fall of scalar value from its edges.

I see. I imagine that is what should happen if you smooth such an
image by gaussian convolution.

I already have summed gaussian data in my image ( which should be
smooth). I'm trying to use a library to produce a Contour Tree from
the data but it is producing spurious values, though i am sceptical my
supervisor want me to try smoothing the gaussian data and see if that
solves the problem.

Is there a way i can feed the output of the gaussianSmoothFilter back
into the vtkImageData vol, such that it updates it with smoothed
values and i can then access these with
vol->GetScalarComponentAsFloat(i, j, k, 0);

?

Liam