[vtkusers] SetInput and SetInputConnection

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Jul 13 12:29:23 EDT 2010

All,
   I wrote a class in 2004 that was derived from vtkPolyDataSource. My
class accepts vtkPolyData as an Input, processes it and outputs a
vtkPolyData. The class worked fine in VTK 4.x. We recently migrated to
VTK 5.x and the class is not working. I get the following error
message:

 "Attempt to get input information vector from input port index 0 for
algorithm vtkMyClass(0x622a50), which has 0 input ports."

So to fix that in the Constructor of the class, I defined the
NumberOfInputPorts to 1, set the NumberOfInput Connections to 1 on the 0th
port and have also filled the input port information on the 0th port using
the input vtkPolyData. I now get a Segmentation fault with no
error/warning/debug messages.

I know I'm missing something with regards to the change in the VTK
pipeline. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Prashanth