[vtkusers] vtkAssembly::SetVisiblity(int)

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Jul 12 11:41:59 EDT 2010

Okay, I filed these for the sub-assembly visibility and crash when adding a sub-vtkPropAssembly to vtkPropAssembly, respectively:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10981
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10982

Thanks,
-Eric

On Jul 12, 2010, at 8:37 AM, Barth, Sebastian wrote:

> I have opened a bug report for the assembly visibility problem:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=10979
>
> Will you create one for your two issues, too?
> I don't have enough time to try your code, sorry!
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian Barth

>>> mapper1 = vtk.vtkPolyDataMapper()
>>> mapper1.SetInputConnection(sphere.GetOutputPort())
>>> actor1 = vtk.vtkActor()
>>> actor1.SetMapper(mapper1)
>>>
>>> cube = vtk.vtkCubeSource()
>>> mapper2 = vtk.vtkPolyDataMapper()
>>> mapper2.SetInputConnection(cube.GetOutputPort())
>>> actor2 = vtk.vtkActor()
>>> actor2.SetMapper(mapper2)
>>> actor2.SetPosition(1,1,1)
>>>
>>> assemb = vtk.vtkAssembly()
>>> assemb.AddPart(actor1)
>>> assemb.AddPart(actor2)
>>> assemb.SetVisibility(True)
>>>
>>> ren = vtk.vtkRenderer()
>>> renWin = vtk.vtkRenderWindow()
>>> renWin.AddRenderer(ren)
>>> iren = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
>>> iren.SetRenderWindow(renWin)
>>>
>>> ren.AddActor(assemb)
>>> ren.ResetCamera()
>>> renWin.Render()