[vtkusers] How to get the color for a scalar value from the lookupTable?

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 06:51:56 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have generated a set of contours with vtkContourFilter ( let say, 10).Now
I want to get the colors of these contours to create an annotation for each
value with its own color.

If the contour no. 5 is green color with scalar value 50. Then I want to
create a text with 50 in green color (*50*).

 Is it possible to get the color from the mapper like
Mapper->GetLookupTable()->GetColor/GetTableValue()?

I know some time ago Bill has made some method in c++ to do this, but that
is not possible in python (because some of the methods used are not
available in python version like getlines().

Thank you,

Jothy