[vtkusers] Calculating selection data using python wrappers

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 00:52:19 EDT 2010

Hi Ross,
Examples and tutorials are found in:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples and
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials. These often in more depth than
the examples in the vtk tree. Currently a lot of work is going on in
relation to making a well-structured set of examples and tutorials.
So I would look in the Wiki in the first instance.

Of course if people have good examples and tutorials, they may nike to
consider contributing them.

Rgeards
   Andrew

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM, ross hennessy <roscoh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here's the type of thing I was talking about in my post (which might not
>> have been sent to you in my "Reply All" for some reason...)
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Infovis/SelectedGraphIDs
>> I may be abusing them, but I use vtkAnnotationLink to carry selection
>> information between views all the time, whether they're nice pre-made views
>> like the vtkGraphLayoutView, or custom "views" which are my own hodge-podge
>> of visualization elements.
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> This is exactly what I was after, but to be honest I didn't follow the
> link when I first read your mail as I had been over every example in
> my local source multiple times (and there are a lot of examples in
> infovis/python!). However when I thought there may be a difference in
> the online one, I followed your link and found that it is in fact an
> example that is missing from my source! I've downloaded the vtk5.6.0
> source from the website and I'm looking in the Examples\Infovis\Python
> and I can't find SelectedGraphIDs! So thanks very much for the help, I
> wonder why this is missing from my source?
>
> Regards, Ross

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems
The Rose Street Building J04