[vtkusers] How to manage memory in VTK ..??

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Wed Jul 7 21:10:18 EDT 2010

Hello,I'm extremely sorry to ask the same question in a new thread.. Actually, after 4 days, we got to hand over the product to our clien..Thus, everyone are busy testing the performance of the app.. and so am I. This is with regard to this response of the threadhttp://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2010July/110171.htmlIt is said that VTK uses the memory for caching.. If this is so, i would like to know is there any workaround, by which this can be reduced or eliminated? Coz, when I iterate, the memory keep on increasing and if the dataset is very big then, this leads appto crash after few iterations..What can i do to make this memory constant and not increase at each iteration.?ThanksRegardsRakesh PatilDear vtkusers ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!