[vtkusers] displaying 3D on the web

Ayman Habib ahabib at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 7 13:17:33 EDT 2010

Hi Seb,

Just following up on this trail, I was able to load "some" wrl files using
the vtkVRMLImporter, however, most files come with only geometry (no color
or texture which was the main reason for using vrml in the first place,
otherwise stl, obj would do). Actually Paraview had the exact same behavior
(as expected). Is there a better way to get colors/textures along with
geometry from a CAD system to a VTK based application? Are you aware of
exporters that utilize the limited subset of VRML supported by the
vtkVRMLImporter?

Thanks much,
-Ayman