[vtkusers] This code gives memory leak.. Why?

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Wed Jul 7 11:16:02 EDT 2010

Hi..Before i used vtkSmartPointers itself.. Later to test i removed them.and yes, when i iterate in a loop, i look in task bar, the memory goes on increasing at each iteration.. If the data is very big, then at a particular pointof time, it crashes..If this is the way, vtk caches, then, there should be some work around to solver thisissue.. i mean to release the unused memory..??ThanksRegardsRakesh Patil Original message From:"John Drescher"< drescherjm at gmail.com >Date: 7 Jul 10 20:23:41Subject: Re: [vtkusers] This code gives memory leak.. Why?To: Rakesh Patil On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM, John Drescherwrote:>>>What can i do to avoid this memory leaks.,?>> Use vtkSmartPointer>> see the examples in the wiki for usage.>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/GuideLines>Actually I do not see a leak in my brief look at your code. I assumeyou are looking at some memory status that is growing each time. Doesthis continue if you run it for hours? Perhaps it is what vtk uses asca
 che?JohnGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!