[vtkusers] Help with vtkLookupTable

Luis Roberto P. Paula luisrpp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:54:19 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have created this LUT:

   lut = vtkLookupTable::New();
   lut->SetNumberOfColors(MAX_PIXEL+1);
   lut->SetTableRange(MIN_PIXEL, MAX_PIXEL);
   lut->SetRange(0.0,MAX_PIXEL);
   lut->SetHueRange(0.667,0.0);
   lut->Build();

I'm using this LUT in two different ways. The first one is:

   vtkImageMapToColors *img_rgb = vtkImageMapToColors::New();
   img_rgb->SetInput(img);
   img_rgb->SetLookupTable(lut);
   img_rgb->SetOutputFormatToRGBA();
   img_rgb->Update();

   img_viewer->SetInput(img_rgb);

The input is a gray scale image. It gives me an image that goes from
*BLUE*to green, yellow and red.

The second one is:

   int window, level;
   window = MAX_PIXEL - MIN_PIXEL;
   level = (0.5 * (MAX_PIXEL + MIN_PIXEL));

   img_viewer2->SetInput(img);
   img_viewer2->SetColorLevel(level);
   img_viewer2->SetColorWindow(window);
   img_viewer2->GetWindowLevel()->SetLookupTable(lut);

I'm using the same input and the same LUT, but the displayed image goes from
*BLACK* to blue, green, yellow and red.

How can I get the same result of the second approach using the first one?
Without having to set the window/level parameters.

Thanks & Regards,
Luis