[vtkusers] Remove a point from KDTree

Luca Penasa luca.penasa at email.it
Mon Jul 5 07:42:39 EDT 2010

hi everybody!
I wrote a python script that make a massive use of the KDTree object
from vtk for fast locating nearest points in an unstrucured grid.
I was wondering if is possible to remove a single point from the search
tree when finding k-nereast neighbors, for speeding up the search...

And what about to remove a single point from unstrucured grid keeping
its original id??

and... another question:
what is the best way to implement an iterator in python/vtk?
maybe there are special classes in vtk?
i would like to be able to write something like this:

class myGrid(vtkUnstrucuredGrid):
	--- iterator definition ---

so to use it in this way:
grid = myGrid()
for point in grid:
	print(point)

getting, for example an output like this:
(1.23,24.2,12.2)
and so on...

Thank you

--
Luca Penasa
luca.penasa at email.it

 Sponsor:
 Alla scoperta dell'entroterra romagnolo con l'Hotel Stella di Riccione, 6 gg in pensione completa a partire da Euro 360 con escursioni
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=10625&d=5-7