[vtkusers] What does VTK_*_EXPORT do?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Jan 30 23:35:41 EST 2010

And more recently, GCC visibility in newer versions of GCC. It decorates
class declarations with the correct attributes to be exported (and on
Windows imported) in shared libraries (DLLs, .so, .dylib etc). Internal
classes do not need it, but anything that can be called as part of our API
should have this macro before it.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> It is used to handle dll import/export on Windows systems.
>
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> > I see this sometimes:
> >
> > class VTK_IO_EXPORT vtkJPEGWriter : public vtkImageWriter
> >
> > I'm just curious what it does.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David
> > Powered by www.kitware.com