[vtkusers] vtkDataArray to vtkDataSet?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 22:16:27 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rhys,
>
> A vtkPolyData is a vtkDataSet.  You should be able to use your
> polydata as the input to vtkTransformTextureCoords.
>
>   David

Rhys,

I was confused, too, after reading your question. What it looks like
you were trying to do (what I thought seemed very reasonable) was to
exact the TCoords yourself and pass them to the
vtkTransformTextureCoords. However, it looks like what David G. is
saying is that you just pass it the PolyData and the
vtkTransformTextureCoords is responsible for extracting the TCoords
inside.

Let us know if it works. If you can think of a basic example to
demonstrate the functionality, it would be great if you could add it
here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples

Thanks,

David