[vtkusers] Strange behavior of vtkImageAlgorithm subclass - empty output

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 11:13:13 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> By design, I don't think the ShallowCopy copies the extents. Extents
> belonog to the pipeline and not the data object.
>
> Try
> output->SetExtent(grid->GetExtent());
> output->SetUpdateExtent(grid->GetUpdateExtent());
> output->SetWholeExtent(grid->GetWholeExtent());

Phew, that did it, thanks. I've been confused about this for a quite a while.

Maybe one of the pipeline experts out there could make a demo and
explain kind of line by line the order in which the pipeline functions
are called, etc, etc, why something like the extent is not copied,
etc. information objects, etc. I haven't been able to find much on
this topic, and it seems extremely basic/important.

Thanks again Bill.

David