[vtkusers] Python compass widget example

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 04:28:59 EST 2010

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 and the VTK version it installs by default is VTK 5.2.1

I am getting the exact same error with vtkFrustumSource:
frustumSource = vtk.vtkFrustumSource()
gives an error:
"AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'vtkFrustumSource'"

is vtkFrustumSource also something introduced between VTK 5.2.1 and 5.4 ?

Does anyone know when a VTK 5.4 or 5.5 package is going to be
available through the automatic update on Ubuntu 9.10 ?

AW