[vtkusers] a question vtk, python and threading

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:51:27 EST 2010

the way I am using this patch is to create a reader within a thread
(QThread) and adding an observer (within the same thread) to the
reader ProgressEvent and from the observer sending a signal (I could
use a synchronized queue but I am using pyqt and prefer signals)  that
is catched in the main UI thread to updatre a progress bar so, for and
for now, I don't see any problems with this "limitation".

--
Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
Centro de Biofisica Medica

Recuerda: El arca de Noe fue construida por aficionados, el titanic
por profesionales