[vtkusers] Is there any inbuilt class in VTK to achieve this???

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Fri Jan 29 05:17:06 EST 2010

 Basically, what i'm looking for is something as shown below: I have a graphics display window. And as and how, I move the mouse, the mouse point coordinates must get displayed in the status bar. Now set the coordinate system as, UTM projection, with WGS84 ellipsoid, Then i load xyz scatter data, which is in UTM form. so, after loading thisfile, i get the scatter data displayed on the graphcis window. Now when I move my mouse over the graphics window, the UTM coordinates under mouse pointer must be displayed. Later on i change UTM to GIS, keeping WGS84 constant. This time, lat, long values will be displayed in decimal format.At the same time, the display will change a bit, as GIS, projectionis a sort of curvature type, and UTM projection is flat type.My xyz file contains data in UTM form.ThanksRegards Original message From:Aashish Chaudhary< aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com >Date: 28 Jan 10 23:32:44Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Is there any inbuilt class in VTK to achieve this???To: Ra
 kesh Patil And what s the coordinate system / projection for these xyz? On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Rakesh Patilwrote:what i exactly want to do is, I have a xyz dataset for a particular region, say arabian sea coast.I want to display these points (Scattered points) on the graphic window. But before displaying, i need to set the coordinate system to the latlong coordinates for that region. So an interface wil be therewhere user will select which projection to use, UTM or GIS, which ellipsoid to use.Based on that,the coordinate system and projection is set.. later on user must be able to convert coordinate systems.I hope it is clear..Thanks Regards Original message  From:Aashish Chaudhary< aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com >Date: 28 Jan 10 22:24:22Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Is there any inbuilt class in VTK to achieve this??? To: Rakesh Patil Rakesh, I didn't understand your question completely. Can you describe in little more detail what exactly you are trying to achieve? On Th
 u, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote:I just went through few testing programs. I found that the output comes on the geoview window.. How can i take this output on the vtk window interactor..?? and how do i apply the projection on the vtkRenderer.??? Original message From:David Doria< daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com > Date: 27 Jan 10 22:55:41 Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Is there any inbuilt class in VTK to achieve this???To: rakeshthp at in.comOn Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Aashish Chaudhary wrote:> Rakesh,>> Look into vtk/Geovis. There you can find vtkGeoCamera.h and> vtkGepProjection.h. and some other helpful classes.> > Hope I helped.If you figure out anything with Geovis, it would really be helpful if you could add some examples here:http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#GeographicVisualization.28Geovis.29Thanks,DavidPowered by www.kitware.comVisit other Kitware opensource projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.htmlPlease keep messages ontopic and check the
  VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQFollow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusersGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!  Powered by www.kitware.comVisit other Kitware opensource projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.htmlPlease keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQFollow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers  | Aashish Chaudhary | R&D Engineer | Kitware Inc.| www.kitware.com | Aashish Chaudhary | R&D Engineer | Kitware Inc.| www.kitware.com