[vtkusers] Moving from DICOM to polygons

Bill Oliver billo at Radix.Net
Thu Jan 28 17:19:12 EST 2010

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, but I have been away from VTk for awhile (read years), and am just now coming back up to speed with
it.

I have been given a DICOM image of CT data.  I need to:

1) Segment out the skin surface
2) Convert the skin surface to a polygonal model to use in a modeling application such as Blender or Maya.

I'm sure that this must have come up a million times, but a quick scan of the archives didn't turn up an answer.

I can load the data and can visualize the skin surface by volume or surface rendering.

I don't know how to select those voxels and then polygonize the surface.

Is there a routine in the standard VTK library that can build a polygonal surface from selected voxels?

Thanks!

billo