[vtkusers] Picking and Annotation

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Thu Jan 28 11:20:34 EST 2010

 Is there anyway to convert unstructured grid to polydata..?? coz what i am using here is unstructured grid. And the output of any filter is polydata. Original message From:Karthik Krishnan< karthik.krishnan at kitware.com >Date: 27 Jan 10 22:42:37Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Picking and AnnotationTo: Rakesh Patil On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Rakesh Patilwrote:>> HI..>> Thanks to all for your replies..>> To David Gobbi,> I want it just to highlight the cell so that next time again when user> clicks some other cell,> then, the current cell, which is highlighted ( or which is black), should> become white and> the newly selected cell, must be highlighted.>> I also thought the same thing, but, later on i thought, that we need to use> two actors. and> i guess, it can be done with one.. So just to find whether there is any> possibility that this task> can be achieved by using single actor or not,Yes it can, by adding a dataarray containing scalars for cell data.And then having the poly
 data colored by cell data. But this is aterrible overkill to color just one cell. You should really use 2actors.> i posted my question.> Nevertheless, i'll tr to implement this first.>> Thanks.>>  Original message > From:Karthik Krishnan< karthik.krishnan at kitware.com >> Date: 27 Jan 10 22:07:21> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Picking and Annotation> To: Rakesh Patil>> And be prepared to handle z fighting issues.. using one of the> standard ways.. also see> vtkMapper::ResolveCoinicidentTopologyToPolygonOffset>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM, David Gobbi wrote:>> Hi Rakesh,>>>> The method that you use to annotate the cell will depend on whether>> you want to permanently color the cell, or whether you just want to>> highlight it.>>>> If you just want to highlight the cell, then the best thing to do is>> make a new polydata, set its color to black, and then add the picked>> cell to the new polydata. Then add this new polydata to an actor and>> add the new actor to the renderer so th
 at it will render the black>> cell over the original cell. Use the vtkGenericCell as an>> intermediate for getting the cell from the original polydata and>> adding it to the new polydata.>>>> By doing things this way, you would leave the original polydata>> unchanged, and create a new "annotation" actor that has your picked< br>>>> cells. I'm not sure if this is would meet your needs, but it would be>> a straightforward way of visualizing the cell pick.>>>> David>>>>>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Rakesh Patil wrote:>>> Hello,>>>>>> I want to implement picking. With the help of an example,>>> annotatePick.tcl,>>> i'm able pick a cell, but annotation is not possible..>>>>>> I am displaying a triangular mesh. And when the user clicks on any of the>>> cell of the mesh, i need that particular cell to be filled with black.>>> Only>>> that particular cell has to be annotated as a filled black color.>>>>>> Is it possible..?? After picking i'm getting cellid, of the cell which i
 s>>> selected. How can i do the annotation..??>>>>>> Thanks in advance>>>>>> Regards>>>>>>>>> Dear vtkusers ! Ge t Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!>>> >>> Powered by www.kitware.com>>>>>> Visit other Kitware opensource projects at>>> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>>>>>> Please keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at:>>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQ>>>>>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:>>> http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers>>>>>>>> >> Powered by www.kitware.com>>>> Visit other Kitware opensource projects at>> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>>>> Please keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at:>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQ>>>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:>> http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers>>>