[vtkusers] Basic questions?

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 06:17:01 EST 2010

Hi,
Yes, by setting NumberOfPoints to 1, Radius to 0 and Center to your x,y,z
coordinates in vtkPointSource, you will generate a single point where you
want. I use it daily for seeding algorithms.
I don't think it is overkill: VTK has a lot of classes, and, IMHO, I'd
rather not having one specialized class to generate one point beside another
that generates N points.
In ParaView ->Sources ->Point Source, this is exactly what is used and the
default settings are: 1 point, Radius=0.

cheers,
Jerome