[vtkusers] apply vtktubes to unstructured mesh

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 05:54:04 EST 2010

Hi,

The local orientation of the cylinder is computed from a local chart
(Frenet-serret frame) along a curve, that is a topological constraint. It
has to handle with curvature sign changes in order to keep a consistent
meshing, thus the neighbours of a point (topology) have to be known. The
reason why vtkTubeFilter derives from vtkPolyDataAlgorithm is, IMHO, that
the GetLines( ) function ensures that the filter will deal with 1D
topological cells.

It should not be too difficult to write a filter that converts an
unstructured grid to a polydata in which you get the input cell's type and
add polylines to the output when matching cells are found.

Jerome