[vtkusers] Windows: Correctly linking the debug and release libraries in a CMake-based project

Lars Bilke lars.bilke at ufz.de
Wed Jan 27 03:25:35 EST 2010

Thank you Mike for your tip with the VTK_DIR variable! I wasn´t aware of
that variable in using it with source directory, cool that it works.
Which leads me to another question:
Sure this way it works with linking VTK from my project statically. But
when I want to link against VTK dlls dynamically those dlls must be in
the PATH variable. But when I add both the binary release and debug
directories from VTK to the PATH and the dlls are named the same then I
think my program uses the first one it gets and this may lead to a
program crash... Is this right?
And when yes, how can fix this problem?

Really thank you for your answers!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Lars Bilke

Visualisierungszentrum / Umweltinformatik

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig
Telefon: +49 (0)341 235-1881
Email:   lars.bilke at ufz.de

http://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=14171