[vtkusers] Topological element for Polygonal data

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:05:20 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM, alireza ghahari <ghahari_ar at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Having defined a 3d vector in TK, I wanted to assign them a topological
> structure to
>
> visualize. i.e I defined a PolyData with vtkPoints but I could not assign
> them an array of
>
> position like Polygon, Vertex, Triangle Strip.
>
> My preference is to apply some functions like in vtkDelaunay3D
> vtkPolyVertex or sth else
>
> to have VTK arrange 3D data. I used methods but unfortunately I could not
> debug errors.
>
> Would you please help me on this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> AGh

You may find some help under the "Geometry and Topology" section here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Working_with_3D_Data_.28vtkPolyData.29

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Working_with_3D_Data_.28vtkPolyData.29>You
can also browse around the rest of the examples to see if you can find
something to get you started:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples>
Thanks,