[vtkusers] Reading independent Data into VTK

Ryan Bloor ryanbloor at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:35:04 EST 2010

Hi,

I am torn between which direction to take regarding importing a particular DT-MRI dataset into VTK. The dataset is split into four files with three representing the primary eigenvectors and the forth the intensity values. These files are stored in a .mat file format.

Is the most logical solution to convert the files to a text file and then write a conversion script which converts these text files to .vtk files? I have access to the various header information for the dataset, e.g. dimensions, spacing etc...

Or is there another way that I have perhaps overlooked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ryan