[vtkusers] Dental Panoramic View

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Jan 20 22:53:01 EST 2010

Not that straightforward. For the PanX, you'll have to reformat the
image data along a curved reconstruction line that runs on the
mandibular canal. I guess you'll have to estimate that curved path
from your marching cubes result. You'll also have to estimate the
thickness of the pan from it.. Or you could use a widget such as the
contour widget to specify  the reformat line.

We do have thick planar reformat, but don't have thick curved reformat
capabilities in VTK, although it should be possible to add it with
some effort.

--
karthik