[vtkusers] [Insight-users] CT Lung Segmentation: Extract Outer Contours

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 20 14:26:35 EST 2010

Hi Frederic,

1) In order to fill-up holes you may want to use
    the filter:

   itkVotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter

    or the faster (but experimental) version in the
    NAMIC Sandbox:

itkVotingBinaryHoleFillFloodingImageFilter.h

http://svn.na-mic.org/NAMICSandBox/trunk/VotingHoleFillFloodingImageFilter/Source/

2)  Were you considering surface extraction
     as an alternative method for filling-up the
     holes ?

      or do you need to do surface extraction
      anyways ?

    Regards,