[vtkusers] Missing classes in python

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:46:55 EST 2010

The python wrapping is completely automatic, so if any class is
missing, then the developers had a specific reason to exclude it from
the wrapping.  If you want to know why certain class is missing or
what work-arounds there are, you'll have to say what classes you need
that are missing.

For example, vtkCommand is missing from the wrappers because any
python method can be used as an observer e.g. see the
VTK/Examples/GUI/Python examples.  Some classes in VTK/Common are
missing because they aren't part of the vtkObject hierarchy, e.g.
vtkStdString, vtkBoundingBox, etc.

   David