[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK build error: /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lvtkIO

Juan Vesa juan.vesa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:44:23 EST 2010

hi,
the reason i'm on 10.4 still is because i rely extensively on matlab
for uni coursework and the version i have is only compatible with
10.4 and i can't afford to upgrade yet.
however soon i'm going to set up an extra partition for 10.6 maybe to
give it a try.

yeah i set the source tree's to the vtk-include and vtk-lib as
outlined on the wiki, but the target in the xcode project has the
HEADER_SEARCH_PATH and LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATH by default using a
variable $(vtk-debug) which the
original rogue-research.com/vtk/SimpleCocoaVTK.html specifies to use.

at any rate, i found another site at cs.auckland.ac.nz/~jli023/vtk/
VtkprogammingonMac.htm which has a template (which i've not tried
yet) and the cmake <path/to/source> -G Xcode command compiles the
examples and i get a working xcode project from them (although i
still get errors in cmake), so i guess i'll go from there.

thanks a lot for your help,,