[vtkusers] How I can use vtkImplicitPlaneWidget

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 14:58:55 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> I fixed your example
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Widgets/ImplicitPlaneWidget2
>
> 1) It now works.
> 2) It does something useful and possibly informative.
> 3) I generalized it to use either a sphere or user supplied polydata.
> We should consider using the same logic in other examples that use
> sphere source (where it adds utility to the example.)
>
> Cost, 2 hours @ $100/hr = $200.
>
> No charge,
>
> Bill

1) Thanks.
2) No need for this type of comment. It was in the "broken" section,
so there was no mystery that it was not completed. I still claim that
once and a while someone will come along and fix these (besides you or
me).
3) This is a good idea. I think I mentioned it the other day.

My hope is still that someone will need these things directly for
their work. Then the 2 hours @ $100/hr would be expensed to their
company for good reason, and with 10 minutes of extra effort they can
upload what they've figured out to the wiki. After this happens a
finite number of times, it will no longer be necessary because
everything in the toolkit will be explained and demonstrated.

David