[vtkusers] OffScreen Rendering using Mangled Mesa

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jan 18 13:49:17 EST 2010

I recommend against venturing down the mangled mesa path. First, its
main use, that of providing offscreen rendering to supplement GPUs
that lack it, is mostly obviated by recent GPUs. If your cards still
lack support, it is far better to use Mesa's own OSMesa library.
Secondly, neither the mesa nor VTK communities have supported it in
several years.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer