[vtkusers] vtkTransformDataSet

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:54:05 EST 2010

I was curious so I did a quick diff between them.  IMHO there is no
longer any reason for TransformPolyDataFilter to be anything but an
alias to TransformFilter.  The only differences are:

TransformFilter does this:

  output->CopyStructure(input);

while TransformPolyDataFilter does this:

  output->SetVerts(input->GetVerts());
  output->SetLines(input->GetLines());
  output->SetPolys(input->GetPolys());
  output->SetStrips(input->GetStrips());

Also, oddly, TransformFilter does some copying of FieldData that
TransformPolyDataFilter doesn't do... so maybe TransformFilter is
duplicating some work that the pipeline does automatically?

   David