[vtkusers] how can I do picking on the vtkLineSource ?

orobin Olivier.Robin at bioclinica.com
Mon Jan 18 12:03:58 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a vtkRender, where I draw some images.
above this image, I draw some lines (vtkLineSource), or sometime vtkPolydata
(to do some cube, polylines)

I need to get mouse event when the user click on the line, or the polydata,
when the mous is over the line, when the user release the mouse on the line
etc...

I have tried to use the vtkPropPicker, and vtkCellPicker, but it doens't
work properly for me, because it detect an actor.
and then, it detect something like a big square where my line is in.

I need to be precis, and just be called when the mouse pointer is on one of
the several pixels which build the line.

How can I do ? is there some object which can be used to pick lines, sphere,
cone, vtkpolydata ???

thnak you for any help, I don't find answer in the book of kitware.

Best regards
Olivier