[vtkusers] VTK cvs compile errors - reserved words near & far

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Mon Jan 18 11:41:03 EST 2010

Hello,

I don't where you found those near and far things in
vtkShadowMapPass.*. There is no such thing. In addition,
vtkShadowMapPass is part of vtkRendering package which is built every
night on Windows and I never saw such error reported on the VTK
dashboard.

Are sure about the name of the file you are talking about?

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Dean Inglis <dean.inglis at camris.ca> wrote:
> Im updating my VTK build to the latest cvs and I am
> running into a slew of fatal syntax errors that are caused by the use of
> "near" and "far" in vtkShadowMapPass.cxx.  These variable names are already
> #defined in windef.h.
> Im using VS Express 2005 static build on Win32 Vista.  Changing (for
> example) "near" to "_near" and "far" to "_far" resolves the issues.  Any
> suggestions on a better fix than
> prepending with "_" ?
>
> Dean

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive